Social Media Internships in Toronto - Open Interviews
IMPORTANT: Open Interviews on Thursday, April 11 will be cancelled. Please submit your resume to email@example.com instead.
Social Media Internships in Toronto
The demand for social media skillsets are on the rise as companies are realizing the importance of social media mandates and two way communication. Sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn are growing at an exponential rate, reaching as many as 900+ million users.
At Randstad, we have been using social media to engage with targeted audiences in new, creative ways. "We are always testing and listening. It's an exciting, fast-paced industry; every morning I check out the latest blogs and industry news to see what has changed that day and how that affects our business strategy", Lauralee Guthrie, Director Digital & Social Media.
One of the biggest challenges for companies today is finding someone who understands the nuances of each network and how to leverage it for business. Many new graduates live and breathe social media, but there are corporate processes and strategies, as well as the right voice and persona of your brand, that needs to be aligned with the social media presence.
On LinkedIn, social media has been ranked as the 99th most popular skill to have from LinkedIn users and its popularity has increased 43% year over year. There have also been significant increases in other digital marketing skills such as social media marketing (41%), keyword research (22%), SEO (17%), and Google Adwords (15%).
Have you recently graduated from University or College, or are you close to graduating? Are you looking for experience in one of the fastest growing careers in a positive and thriving work environment? We also work with many universities for credit opportunities!
If you live in Toronto and are looking for a great opportunity to gain some hands on experience in the realm of Social Media, Search Engine Optimization, and Digital Marketing, then look no further! Randstad Canada is offering a 3 month Social Media Internship opportunity in Toronto complete with training. Learn how to use social media for business!
The internship will start on Monday, April 22. We also have spots available for July and September, each for a 3 month internship.
If you are a student or post graduate student, interested in gaining hands on experience with Search Engines, Social Media, and Digital Marketing, then please read below!
SEO & Social Media Intern Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Digital & Social Media Director to create online content and to post approved content on targeted sites.
• Conduct online research.
• Monitor online content and follow moderation and escalation guidelines.
• Develop online materials according to standard formatting and branding guidelines.
• Update and distribute reports, schedules, and other information to appropriate parties.
• Conduct any general duties, specific projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
• Communicate with other parties by phone, email and through social means.
• Assist in the preparation and organization of online materials for special events (such as trade shows, career fairs, open interviews, seminars, etc.)
• Search engine optimization
Please note that there is also a large emphasis on the SEO component of this internship. You should be a confident writer with copywriting skills but full training will be provided for the following:
• Formatting of content: for web, blogging and articles
• Editing existing content for SEO
• Keyword research
• Link building
• Online research
• Social media
What are we looking for?
• A personable and reliable individual with a strong work ethic
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Copywriting experience
• A degree or 3rd year student
• Bilingual in French is not required but an asset
You will also develop valuable skills as you work closely with the Marketing team and handle other important tasks. But most importantly, you will be a part of a real team environment where you will receive a high level of support from dedicated individuals who believe in what they do. This program runs for approximately 150-250 hours and is an educational, unpaid program.
If you have the right attitude, the right educational background, and are ready to finally prove yourself in the field you are passionate about, then we can’t wait to get to know you! Apply to Randstad Canada today!
No school can show you what a 3 month internship at Randstad Canada can!
If you know someone who could be interested, please share and forward this posting.
Thanks and have a great week!
Director of Digital & Social Media